Work & Holiday Visa
The work and holiday subclass 462 visa is similar to the working holiday subclass 417 visa. The main differences are that different countries are eligible, quotas apply for most countries, and the seasonal work extension is not available.
- You must hold a passport from Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, USA or Uruguay.
- Aged between 18 and 30 inclusive.
- Single or married without children
- You will need to show that:
- Your main reason for coming to Australia is for a holiday, and any work you do is to support yourself whilst on holiday
- You have a good chance of finding temporary work to supplement your holiday funds
- You have a return ticket or sufficient funds for a return fare and the first part of your stay
- You intend to leave Australia at the end of your authorised stay
You must apply for a working holiday visa from outside Australia. In particular, you can’t come to Australia on a visitor/tourist visa and then apply for a working holiday visa.
USA nationals can lodge electronically via the Immigration website – other nationalities must lodge a paper application.
- The visa allows you to stay in Australia for 12 months, starting from the date of initial entry to Australia.
- You may leave and re-enter Australia any number of times during this 12 month period
- You can study or train in Australia for up to 4 months
- You are permitted to work in Australia, but you cannot work for longer than 6 months with any one employer